1. Help yourself to health. Form habits that will fight for you, not against you.
2. Do not expect to have good health without effort. Health must be earned.
3. Adopt firm policy that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
4. Make food your servant, not your master. Eat for strength.
5. Breathe deeply, for air is life’s first requisite and nature’s best tonic.
6. Exercise for health, not for strength. Exercise sends clean blood to the brain.
7. Seek sunshine, for sunshine and disease are always enemies.
8. Water, use plentifully daily; warm for cleanliness, cold for tonic.
9. Keep a clear conscience, for true rest is mental as well as physical.
10. Work planfully, read much and play often. Play keeps old age at bay.